Au Pair Training & Preparation
We believe that starting your au pair stay on the right path begins with the proper preparation and a good introduction to the USA. That’s why we created a training program that will prepare you better than any other agency – at no additional cost. Our training program has been designed to give you the right information at the right time.
Our curriculum was developed in collaboration with childcare, medical and educational specialists. We also listened to former Cultural Care Au Pairs, and they have told us what is most beneficial to know.
Your preparation will begin as soon as you have been selected for the Cultural Care Au Pair program.
- You will receive your Au Pair Travel Kit – a handbook full of checklists and assignments that will guide you all the way step by step.
- Your will get access to the Au Pair Online Account - your personalised ‘go to’ online platform for everything! View potential host families, your travel itinerary and much more.
- At the same time you will complete MyAuPairCourses – a self-paced online training course accessible through your online account.
- You will have access to our Matching and Interviewing Guide that will prepare you for the interviews with potential host families, and our Get Ready Workshop – just before you head off to the USA.
- Your formal training will end at our own Au Pair Training School just outside of New York City. At the training school you will spend five days meeting new au pairs from around the world and learning what to expect during your au pair adventure. Teachers will cover topics such as effective communication, challenging situations with children, the dynamics of living and working with a host family, and more.