Flight Arrangements & Visa Application

Cultural Care Au Pair is recognised by the US Department of State as an official sponsoring agency for the au pair program. This means that we will act as your sponsor for a J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa. The J-1 visa is the only legal way to spend a year in the US as an au pair. Your J-1 visa will be valid for 12 months, followed by a 30-day grace period which allows you to continue travelling in the US. We will provide you with all necessary documents for your visa application and guide you through the process. You will have to arrange a visa appointment at your local US embassy and attend a personal interview, after which your visa will be issued.

Cultural Care Au Pair will arrange air travel to the US from a selected airport in your home country. You will be flying into New York since you will attend the Au Pair Training School before travelling to your host family. And if you’re a little nervous about making a flight to the US, don’t worry, we will answer any questions you might have!

Most will travel on a flight with other au pairs departing from the same city. And Cultural Care Au Pair representatives will meet you at your arrival airport in the New York area then bring you to the Au Pair Training School where your adventures begin.

You can fly to the US almost any week of the year! As part of the matching process, you and your future host family will agree on the arrival date. Once this has been confirmed you should know your approximate departure day, but the actual date and time will be confirmed when your ticket is issued.

Cultural Care Au Pair also arranges the transportation to your American family. After a week at the Au Pair Training School you'll make the journey, by bus, train or plane directly to your host family.

Safety enforced by law through the U.S Department of State regulations. For full details of U.S Department of State Program Guidelines, please click here.